Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Control Your Cholesterol Level

What is Cholesterol ?

Cholesterol comes from two sources : your body and food . Your liver and other cells in your body produce 75 percent of blood cholesterol . The remaining 25 percent comes from the foods you eat .

LDL cholesterol is the 'bad' . When it's too much cyclical in the blood, it can clog arteries, increasing your risk for heart attack and stroke. LDL cholesterol is produced naturally by the body, but many people inherit genes that cause them to produce too much . Eating saturated fat, trans fat and cholesterol also increase the amount of food available to you .

Recommendations from the Expert

It is important for everyone to know their cholesterol level . Total blood cholesterol is the most common measurement of blood cholesterol . It is the amount you get from the test results. Cholesterol is measured in milligrams per deciliter blood ( mg / dL ) . Cholesterol level of 200 mg / dL or more to put yourself in the high -risk category and be the cause for you to act .

How To Lower Cholesterol

The good news is , you can lower your cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke . Whether you have been given prescription medication or advised to make diet and lifestyle changes to help lower your cholesterol , follow your doctor's recommendations properly. To keep your cholesterol in your control is recommended : create table to test cholesterol , eat foods low in cholesterol and saturated fat and free of trans fat , maintain a healthy weight and be physically active .

No comments:

Post a Comment